Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Who's Having A Birthday? Card

Owl Birthday Card
Believe it or not, I've made it to day twelve of my challenge of creating a card a day for one or more of the challenge sites. I'm patting myself on the back as I type (wink, wink). :) Today's card fits the bill for three challenges going on: Pink Elephant (make orange the focal color), City Crafter Challenge (recipe of 1 ribbon, 2 papers and 3 flowers) and Just Christmas and Birthday Cards (sketch). The little owl and sentiment stamps are by Hampton Art. The rick rack diecut borders are by Sizzix. The flowers are by Prima Marketing and the brads are by Basic Grey. The ribbon is by Offray and the cardstocks are by American Crafts. I also used a one inch square punch by EK Success. My hubby left for some meetings yesterday and was going to be going "by" a Michael's on his way. (Remember I live 70 miles from the nearest one. Tragic but true.) :) He volunteered to stop and get things for me IF I had a good list, etc. (Good meaning that he could understand what the heck he was looking for.) :) I had been wanting more of the Prima Flowers in the glass bottles (had one I could "show" him). He found them and called from the store to tell the colors. I finally was able to "narrow" it down to seven so I'm anxiously awaiting his return today. :) Which will I be the happiest to see....him or the goodie bag? Hmmmmmm. Wink! :) Thanks for stopping by and come back soon. You might get to see some of those Prima flowers (pretty safe bet). :)

7 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is a cheery and bright card! Love how happy this card looks, truly a HAPPY B'day card!
I totally understand your "crave" for Michael's. I live in New York City, we do not have a Michael's until 4 months ago (Hooray!), every time I tag along with my husband for his business trip, I would asked to be "drop off" at the nearest Michaels at the city he went to, and spent the entire 3 -4 hours there while he had his meeting. That's how precious the Michael's trip were!
Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

What a happy card! Love those bright colors.. I can't beleive you don't have a Michael's, In Vegas we have a Michaels and a Joanns.. Pretty Lucky here.. That is a great story about your husband shopping for you!! What a great hubby you have!
Thank for Playing along with us this at CCCB!

Michele Gross said...

What a happy card! love the happy bright colors-sure to make a birthday special :)

cnelson said...

how cute! how fun! lovin' those owls!

Unknown said...

cute cute cute, thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Welcome! said...

This is sooo super cute! Love the ribbon embellishment! You rocked the orange challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

Ziggyeor said...

The Owls are adorable! What a great hubby to go to Michaels for you!