Saturday, May 29, 2010

Embossed Happy Day Graduation Card

Happy Day Graduation Card
Do you like embossing folders as much as I do? :) They're almost as good an invention as ice cream. :) Just Us Girls Challenge posted today for projects with dry embossing. I needed to do a graduation card so decided it had to have embossing on it. The star embossing folder is by Sizzix. All the rubber stamps are by The [Stamps] Of Life. The star brads are by The Paper Studio (found at Hobby Lobby). I had to take my youngest shopping for some things she needed for camp next week. After we had gotten all the necessary items, I managed to find a few minutes (and the energy) to go in Hobby Lobby. You know how those 40% off coupons burn a hole in my pocket. Want to hear about the treasure I got? :) I got the Tim Holtz stapler called "The Tiny Attacher" (plus some refills). I tried it out tonight and I'm in love. (Will show that card later). It works great for attaching, pleating, etc. ribbon. Made my daughter stand in line too (yes, shameless) for a 1 1/4 inch square punch. I also found some black and white houndstooth ribbon (you'll be seeing that later) and some alphabet stickers. So my teenage daughter came home happy with a new digital camera (because of a class she's taking this summer) and mom too....because of the Hobby Lobby visit. :) Isn't it fun walking around and trying decide what to use those coupons for? I don't know about you but I can always find something. :)

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun graduation card! The embossed star background looks super & I like the smiley faced banner :) Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls embossing challenge!

AKiteFlier said...

Sorry I’m late with my commenting busy, busy weekend!. You did a super job with this week’s challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again on Saturday!