Monday, May 31, 2010

Get Well Soon Card

Photobucket
Happy Memorial Day! I was able to "sneak" off for about thirty minutes this afternoon and make a card based on this week's 2 Sketches 4 You #53. I was pleased with how this one turned out. The rubber stamps are by Hampton Art. The border punch is by Fiskars. I grabbed my handy Dymo Caption Maker for the sentiment. I was not sure what I would be able to do since I was tired when I started. (Too much time in the kitchen plus a trip to a very busy grocery store to get things for tonight's dinner.) :) I'm not one of those that particularly likes to stay in the kitchen either. Too many years and too many meals for that to be "my thing." BUT since my family does seem to like home cooking and refuses to eat paper I make the sacrifice. They think I am a good cook too. (Wink.) :) My husband is grilling shrimp, steaks and corn for everyone tonight though, so that will be a welcome break. Any break from the kitchen is a winner in my book. Besides playing with paper, brads, etc. is much more FUN. :) Thanks for stopping by and visit again soon.

5 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Robin Gillette said...

I love red and black as a color combination. So striking! Very nice job! Cool way to add a sentiment too!

Jessica Theodore said...

yes great colour combo! Love that damask stamp where is it from?
I'm not one for the kitchen either but I've found some quick healthy and yummy meals online. bring on the winter weather so i can pull out my slowcooker :) less dishes that way too!!

cnelson said...

oh sooooooo lovely!!

Sylvia said...

Very dramatic and beautiful!