Friday, June 24, 2011

Red, White and Blue Birthday Card

Red, White and Blue Birthday Card
Since it was a rainy afternoon, I got to stay in and "play"....I mean stamp. :) This card fits several current challenges. Moxie Fab has a beautiful borders challenge. I used the sketch at Clean and Simple for my base. Stamp Something has a "celebrate" using red, white and blue while Stampin'For The Weekend has a favorite things challenge. My favorite things on this card are my diecuts and stamps. I used my Sizzix eClips to do the borders and stars plus a Sizzix embossing folder. The stamps are by The {Stamps} Of Life which is one of my favorite stamp companies. I love how all of Stephanie's stamps work with each other. She has versatile and fun images.
Do you have fun weekend plans? I do but don't know what they are. What? You say that makes no sense? :) My oldest daughter has informed me to be packed in the morning but won't tell me where our destination is! She's told me what I'll need to pack but nothing else! What fun! I'll have to tell you all about it Monday! Wink! :)

8 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

very cool birthday card :)
Sylvia

ChelleStamps said...

Bev,
LOVE this card--my fave color combo!
I absolutely have to have that embossing folder. Do you know the name of it? I haven't ever seen it before.
Thanks!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I was eyeing that embossing folder too! :) Fab card and so bright and cheery!
Have a great weekend with your daughter!
Maybe you can enter this for the Pals paper Arts challenge this week - to use stars :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love how you added texture and interest through the embossing, border punch and color!

Chris said...

love the embossing, and the card is fantastic. thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

Kate's Makes said...

Bright, bold and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your favourite things with us over at SFTW and good luck! Kate x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Beverly! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Indy's Designs said...

What a bright festive card!