Saturday, June 4, 2011

Believing Butterflies Card

Believing Butterflies Card
It's been awhile since I took the time to do a card challenge. I only did one card this week (Gasp!...staying outside too much. Wink.) and it fits three challenge sites. First, Cupcake Craft Challenge's was to use orange, yellow, green and white on your card. City Crafter Challenge was to use paint and recyled cardboard. And last but not least the Paper Play Challenge was a "Summer Citrus Splash" (use oranges, yellows and greens). The paper colors were done with paint chips. I stamped the leopard backgrounds and butterflies with black ink and then rubbed acrylic paint over them with my fingers. I used a big Sizzix tag die to cut the cardboard. The stamps are by Unity Stamp Company, the flowers are by Prima Marketing and the ribbons are from Michael's. I'm in a terrible dilema. I miss my card making but "nature" is calling me outside. :) Flowers, birds, pool, reading outside are a powerful deterrent. Wink. :) Hope you have a great weekend planned. Having a nice quiet one at home....after an exciting one last week. (We went to Memphis and saw Steve Martin "live." Had tickets on the THIRD row. Woo Hoo!)

8 comments:

Sharon xx said...

So colourful and fits all the challenges so well, its lovely
Sharon xx

The Crafty Den said...

HI Beverley, what an original piece of art. I love all the different textures and patterns you've used. Thanks for joining in with my 'zesty colours' challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so so adorable, thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

Oh my goodness this is so vibrant and beautiful ... fantastic card for the challenge ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

Unknown said...

Such beautiful color you have here. So different! I love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

so fun and fab! love the bright, happy colors!
Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Julie M said...

Wow, Bev, this is fab. I absolutely love those bright colours against the kraft and the pops of black. Wonderful.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Ninie said...

Wow!! You're so creative! I enjoy ur blog very much to get some ideas to scrapbook. Kindly visit me too at http://thebeautyofsplendid.blogspot.com/ and leave comments on my scrapwork. I wish I could do some professional scrapcards like yours.