Friday, June 10, 2011

Many Thanks Butterflies Card

Many Thanks Butterflies Card
How is your Friday treating you? I've had a busy one with no time to visit my craft studio. I had full intention of spending a couple of hours creating after lunch but errands prevented that. Had to visit the grocery store and then pharmacy (in this heat no less....wink). After getting it all put away, I then decided to get a head start on tonight's dinner. Trying some new recipes and it took longer than I expected....so two hours later, I finally get to walk out of the kitchen. But when everyone eats that delicious "Seafood Pie" and Tangy Sweet Slaw, it will be worth it (oh, and did I mention "Carrot Cake Triffle?") What time is dinner, right? Wink. :)
Now on to today's card....Creative Card Crew has a "wings" challenge so I immediately thought of butterflies (which I have a weakness for). So if you are doing a butterfly card, then you need to check out what Flutterby Wednesday has going on too, right? :) Their challenge is to have some polka dots on your crafty creation. Last but not least, Freshly Brewed has a weekly "yellow" challenge going on. I used some Bazzill Dotted Swiss and some polka dot ribbon from Michael's. The stamps are by Unity Stamp Company while the embossing folder is by Sizzix. The sentiment was done with one of my favorite tools...the Dymo Caption Maker with clear tape. Visit again soon....happy Friday!

2 comments:

Agnieszka M said...

Wow, very energetic card!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

MiamiKel said...

what a cool card! I have to keep staring at it to see how you did the embossing! SO bright and sunny! :) Thanks for playing along with us in the Lots of Yellow Challenge at the Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge blog this week! x0x0