Sunday, June 5, 2011

Butterflies Challenge Card

Butterfly Compromise Card
Found some time to "play" this afternoon and did a card that fits three challenges. Sentimental Sunday's challenge is to be inspired by a song. I used the lyrics from a song by Maroon 5. Stamptacular Sunday has a color challenge to use hot pink, tan, black and white. I used the sketch over at Card Patterns for inspiration. The butterfly stamp is by Unity Stamp Company and the embossing folder is by Sizzix.
Hope you are staying cool. The summer heat has arrived in full force at our house. I go out in the afternoons in my swim suit to water all the flowers. :) Not the prettiest sight but better than passing out in the heat. Wink. :) Another first today is my youngest daughter has gone to a summer science "camp" for two weeks. It is the first time I have ever been apart from her that long. I think she will fare better with it than me. :) Visit again soon, I'm going to post some pictures of some of my blooming flowers (but not me watering them in my swimsuit). Wink, wink. :)

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love how you used song lyrics...excellent...FAB card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Janne said...

Cute card. Loves the butterflies♥
Thanks for playing along with us at the Sentimental sundays♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

Tameko said...

Lovely card. Nice design, sentiment, and song choice. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

mudmaven said...

Love those butterfles Beverly! Gorgeous color combo too. Thanks for joining us for our Inspired by Song challenge on Sentimental Sundays. ~chris

Céline said...

so cute card, i love the butterflies!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacuar sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

I'm loving the color combo and those butterflies!!
Great song choice too. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Calypso

Marlene said...

Lovely Card! Love the color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Marlene
Sentimental Sundays DT