Friday, November 24, 2017

25 Days Of Christmas Tags -- Tree and Snow Tag

This is day 24 of 25 Days of Christmas Tags (read all about it here.)  This tag was inspired by Holly Endress's tag with the tree on it.  I am calling this my "failed experiment tag."  I inked up a tag made from watercolor paper with distress oxide ink in Candied Apple.  I was going to heat emboss a big white polka dot background on it with a Winnie & Walter stamp.  BUT when I put the embossing powder on the tag, it covered up the WHOLE tag and the dots disappeared!  I decided I liked it though (it is pretty "in person").  The whole tag is heat embossed with white embossing powder which reminds me of snow!  With a stamped tree and sentiment plus the white snowflake spangles, it becomes quite festive!  I used some red and green snowflake ribbon at the top plus Christmas colored twine for the finishing touch.  Hope you are enjoying your Black Friday and finding lots of bargains.  I may have to do some stamp shopping since some of my favorite companies are having online sales today.  Shopping in my favorite chair is the way I roll on Black Friday.  ;)  

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps -- Hampton Art
Ink Pads -- Clearsnap (Wicked Black and Watermark) & Distress Oxide (Candied Apple)
Embossing Powder -- Clearsnap (White)
Watercolor Paper -- Canson
Ribbon -- American Crafts
Christmas Twine -- Recollections
Misc. -- Snow Spangles



1 comment:

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous holiday tree...so fun and festive. Thank you so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!