Monday, January 2, 2023

Peace On Earth Card


The New Year is getting off to a great start since I have been able to "play in my craft room" both days of it.   I watched the Rose Parade this morning in my craft room too which was a treat.  Did you see it?  So many beautiful floats and wonderful bands...I look forward to the Rose Parade each year!  BUT let's get back to card making shall we?  (Wink.)  The new year brings another year of Jingle Belles challenges which is another thing I look forward to!  This is the Jingle Belles (Stephanie and Lauren) thirteenth year of hostessing their fun Christmas card challenges.  I have been participating with them for several years but 2022 was the first year I made a special effort to do every single challenge they posted!  Let me tell you, when December rolled around and it was time to mail Christmas cards, it was a lifesaver!  No mad scrambling around trying to make last minute cards.  I had a box full of cards I had made all through the year which were ready to be addressed and mailed.  Woo Hoo!  

The new Jingle Belles challenge went live yesterday and it is "What Did Santa Bring You?"  You are to create with your crafty Christmas presents or use something you haven't used before from your stash.  The only thing Santa brought me this year which was craft related was the newest Tim Holtz color in his Distress Oxide ink pads...Lumberjack Plaid.  I have all the colors in the Distress Oxide ink pads so was happy when Santa remembered I had whispered in his ear I wanted this newest color.  I used a patterned paper by Honey Bee Stamps which was the perfect match to the Lumberjack Plaid color!  The stamps I used are the Concord & 9th Peace On Earth set.  The Peace on Earth sentiment was cut out using a circle die (Spellbinders Fluted Classics Circle).  I also used a pine bough die by Tim Holtz Sizzix Greens Thinlits.  Of course I had to finish it off with a Christmas colored baker's twine bow in the top left corner plus a few clear "dew drops."  Here's hoping your New Year is off to a crafty good start!

 

 

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a cool circle die cut ... and you're right, that color matches perfectly ... so very glad you joined us for our *What Did Santa Bring You?* prompt at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

WOOHOO indeed, the thrill of December really does make the year-long Xmas cardmaking worthwhile, right?! Love the way the Lumberjack matches perfectly with the paper and that fab twine. So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun with your new goodies! Here's to 2023!