Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Floral Slimline Birthday Card

Hope your Wednesday has been as much fun as mine!  I got to play in my craft room working on a birthday card for a friend's birthday coming up on the 7th of January.  I'll be dropping it in the mail tomorrow so she can get it on her special day!  I pulled out a new stamp set I treated myself to a few months ago but hadn't inked up yet!  Love the long shape of the floral image!  It is perfect for making a pretty slimline card.  After coloring the floral image with alcohol markers, I fussy cut it out.  I stamped the floral design on a white #10 envelope too and colored it to match.  I added yellow Stickles to the centers of some of the flowers for extra sparkle and dazzle.  Here is a close-up so you can see the sparkle a little better.
I used a patterned paper from my stash (or hoard of papers) which looks like a inky splatter.  Got the look without the mess...wink.  I stamped and matted the sentiment to put above the floral image using foam tape for added dimension.  Added my signature bow to the upper left corner plus three green "dew drops" in lower right corner.  Now it was time to work on the inside of the card.....
I'm going to link this floral slimline birthday card at the following challenges:

Double D Challenges (Theme is Birthday because they are celebrating their 7th year -- Happy Birthday Double D!!!!!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Something New -- my stamp set is new)



Stamping Sensations (Add Some Sparkle)

Thanks for dropping by today.  Remember to stay crafty!






 

7 comments:

brenda said...

A really bright and cheery floral card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful slimline card,love the brightly coloured flowers and splatter paper.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

OH WOW what a beautiful card with coordinating envelope. She's going to LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Barbara said...

Oh, you fooled me. I thought that you splattered the background yourself. It looks great no matter how it was done. Love the spray of flowers used so well on your card and the envelope. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love you stamped your card, cut it out and placed it onto paper, a perfect match for both. Love your card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Helen said...

Beautiful floral image and I love the touch of glitter.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Valérie said...

Beautiful floral card. I love the gold accents details and the add of twine. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday! I hope to see you in our next challenges! Take care and keep crafting! Valérie DT