Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Christmas Kickstart Challenge Guest Elf


It's a new year and time for a new Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  For January, it's all about stencils and masks!  I am thrilled to be the guest elf too for January...how cool is that!  I decided to stencil a border at the top and bottom of my card using a snow background stencil from my stash.   I also stenciled the left side of my white envelope to have a pretty envelope to match the card. I used a Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pad in Lucky Clover to use with the stencil.  I had a snowman stamp set by Sizzix (with matching dies to cut out the shapes) which I had not used in a long time. I decided it would be cute with my stenciled snowflake background border.  After stamping and die cutting all the pieces, I put it together on a red cardstock tag with Christmas baker's twine at the top.  I used an older "Let It Snow" stamp sentiment from Stampin'Up to put in the lower right corner.  This was such a fun card to make and looking at it makes me happy.  (Course that happiness comes from knowing when December 2023 rolls around I already have a head start on my cards....wink.)  I hope you enjoyed seeing my stenciled card and I want to thank you for stopping by.  I have to confess....it was FUN being an elf for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge even if I did have to wear those funny looking shoes....snicker!

I'm also entering this card at Crazy Is Our Name -- Stencils Are Our Game which has a Anything Goes (With an optional theme of Winter).  This is a fairly new challenge blog and will be my first time to enter there (but won't be my last...wink).  I love adding a touch of stenciling to my cards and envelopes.




 



 

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

The hat and shoes will probably look great! Thanks for being my elf, I'm so happy that you said yes and I love this card so much. I went completely over complicated for my design and much, much prefer your make! Hugs, Jo x

SmilynStef said...

Congrats on being a Christmas Elf ... love your card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman card, Bev - love the stenciled snowflakes behind! Congrats on being an elf!!