Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Santa Happy Holidays Card



Loving this autumn cooler weather!  It is so nice when I walk every morning and it makes me come in the house rearing to head to my craft room!  Today a new "Woodblock Wednesday" went up at my friend Amy Tsuruta's blog.  I love getting to create with my treasured woodblock stamps.  I still have all of mine which I have collected through the years.  It's fun looking at them and picking out the perfect one for a project in mind.  The above woodblock stamps are by Hampton Art.  This Santa was one of the first ones I saw this morning when I opened my box of Hampton Art woodblock stamps.  It had been years since I've used him and decided to ink him up.  After stamping, I colored the image with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.  It has been a while since I colored with them too...and decided this morning I need to use them more often!  I used the Catherine Pooler Belly Laughs Cover Plate Die for the background (cut from light gray cardstock).  I added clear rhinestones and a white twine bow for the finishing touches.  Thanks for stopping by...remember to ho ho ho since Christmas is slowly sneaking up on us.  I'll be linking jolly old St Nick at: 




                   


 

3 comments:

Von Marie said...

I love your card and how you used a woodblock stamp!!! I need to get my woodblock Wednesday card done!! Thank you for joining us for the BYSHC Falling For The Holidays Linky Party!!!

~amy~ said...

So fun + festive! What a fun santa stamp!
Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Adorable Santa card, Beverly! Love the background you created for Santa! Thanks for playing along with our Falling for the Holidays 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party!