Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Kitty Presents Card



The Christmas Kickstart Challenge is having a very special October event remembering Janis Woolbright.  Janis was always so nice to me and I looked forward to her Cat Lovers Blog Hop each year.  She had it for eight years and I got to partcipate in the last seven of them.

During this special remembrance hop at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, you can create up to six cat themed Christmas cards and link them for a chance at prizes.  There are lots of companies participating and I want to thank them for donating great prizes.

For my first card in this special event, I used a fun stamp set by Colorado Crafts (But First Presents).  First I stamped the sentiments on a white 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch panel with black ink at the top and bottom as shown.  Then I stenciled a star pattern using a blue Distress Oxide ink pad in a oval shape in the center.  After coloring the stamped images with alcohol markers, I trimmed them closely.  I adhered to the stenciled oval (using pop dots on the cat image).  I secured a red twine bow in the top right of the stenciled stars and bam....I had a cat themed Christmas card ready to be mailed in December!  Yay!

Make sure you check out all the fun at Christmas Kickstart during the month of October as we honor our
special friend Janis Woolbright.  Thanks for dropping by and remember to stay crafty!

 

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Beverly, I'm so happy to see you playing in The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and with such a fun image from one of my most favourite illustrators too. Have you noticed that CCC have offered a prize as a tribute to Janis? Always love your signature twine bow! Thanks so much for joining us all as we remember Janis, Jo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm very glad for this Hop/Challenge for remembering Janis! Surely she would appreciate it!
Your card is SO fun! How cute couple of friends and love the stencilled stars as their background and that red bow! Love the sentiment too! :)

Denise Bryant said...

Love this cute kitty and friend! Such a delightful card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a sweet Christmas kitty card and coordinating envelope! I like your colour combo and stencilled star background! Thank you so much for joining us at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge as we remember our dear friend Janis, who gathered us together every year to celebrate the joy and love of cats.

Suzanne H said...

The oval of stenciled stars sets off that cute pair stacking up the gifts. I love the design and your envelope is the perfect touch. Thanks so much for entering the Cat Lovers Hop. Helpful Hopper - Suzanne

Becca Yahrling said...

I love everything CCC! So many cute stamps - love the one you used here with the kitty & mouse helping each other. Love the star BG!

papierelle said...

Everything is better together. You made a lovely card.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Your card is awesome! I just love your layout and design! Such a great job coloring, and I love that you stamped your envelope as well! So happy you could be a part of the Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge! :)

Carole J said...

Such a fun Christmas kitty card, Beverly with a wonderfully stencilled background and a matching envelope! Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of Janis. x

mandysea said...

Oh how absolutely cute! Love the pile of presents and the little mouse at the top trying to place the last (mouse-sized) present! Your shading of your kitty is fabulous! Lots of wonderful techniques used here! Thanks for joining us at the Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge!

Deborah Hellman said...

Wonderful card and challenge.

Ellibelle said...

This is so very sweet with the wonderful design and cute critters!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner