Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Rainy Days and Wednesdays Cards



All my crafty days lately seem to be rainy days but that suits me just fine.  I can stay inside on a cold rainy day and be perfectly happy in my craft room.  I'm sure my cardmaking friends can relate. (Wink.)  First card I did was a birthday card for an upcoming friend's birthday.  I did pretty pink stenciling of polka dots (Honey Bee Stamps stencil) with Distress Oxide ink.  The stamps are by Unity Stamp Company (image) and Riley & Company (sentiment).  My vintage lady will be joining these fun challenges:





I'm working on Christmas cards all through the year so I won't be caught short next December.   The above card was done for the new Jingle Belles Challenge of embossing (either dry or wet).  I used a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder on white cardstock.  I decided to only use two colors -- white and a silver foil board cardstock.  I die cut two white wreaths and one silver wreath and arrange on the top portion.  Then used a sentiment diecut at bottom cut from the silver foil board.  For the finishing touch, I used a baker's twine which has white and silver for a bow on the wreath. I also added a few Jolee's Boutique sequined silver snowflake stickers around the die cut wreath.  I'm linking this card up at:



My last  card was inspired by the new Double D Challenge of Birds.  I had purchased the Concord and 9th  Toucan Paradise a few months ago but had never used it.  What better challenge than to get it inky for!  I also "framed it" for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  The die cut leaves were done with my Silhouette Cameo (#424587 Jungle Party -- Light Green Leaves).  I heat embossed the sentiment with white powder on black cardstock.  The stamped flower centers also have a touch of orange Stickles dabbed on.  I'm linking this "wild" toucan up at:



Thanks for dropping by and checking out my rainy day creations.  I hope you are having a nice warm and dry day!  I'm off to do some rainy day reading (my other favorite past time).  



  



 

10 comments:

Makira said...

OMGoodnes....I have never seen this sentiment. It's FABULUOUS! Thank you so very much for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge! Cheers, Makira

Diane said...

ALL three cards are fabulously beautiful and each one unique. Love the pretty Toucan bird, so bright and cheery, a beautiful Christmas card so elegant and a super fun birthday card!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Stencil Fun!
Diane DD and SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}

Barbara said...

The best sentiment for this colorful toucan bird card. So glad that you linked up with us at Double D Challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards, Beverly. I especially like card #1 - it's totally perfect for the current SoSS Challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood again, Jo x

Lynda said...

Three varied but fabulous cards - loving the different creations. For our challenge - the silver and white is so dramatic - love it. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Jane said...

Oh that quote - so true! Great stencilling and choice of image. Love your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... what an awesome card trio ... love the silver shine in your wreath ... so very glad you got *embossable* with us at Jingle Belles.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun stenciled dots with the vintage image - they go together well. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

lauren bergold said...

Oh wow THREE gorgeous cards, but of course I'm bound to say that lovely white and silver embossed confection is my favorite, right? So pleased you could Emboss Like a Boss with us at Jingle Belles!

Donna said...

Fab collection of creations!
Thanks for celebrating all things vintage with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!