Sunday, March 26, 2023

Owl Graduation Card

Due to lots of things going on, I have not been in my craft room in days.  I was happy to be able to slip in there for an hour today and make a card for Amy Tsurata's Woodblock Wednesday.  I was in need of  creative "therapy."  (Wink.)  The prize this time around at Woodblock Wednesday is a $50 gift certificate to Penny Black.  This is an awesome prize and I wanted to use a stamp by Penny Black.  Since it is nearly time to start thinking about graduation cards, I had the perfect woodblock stamp.  This is an older woodblock stamp from my stash called Very Wise Owl.  I actually found a new one for sale on eBay so if you love it like I do, then you might want to grab it.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored using my Arteza Real Brush Pens.  I then fussy cut out the owl image and adhered it to a grey square diecut.  I mounted it next on a white cardstock panel I had stenciled with a blue ink.  This was attached to a grey cardstock card base.  I used my We R Memory Makers typewriter to do the sentiment plus added my signature bow.  Fun card to make and just the creative therapy time I needed!!!!  Thanks for dropping in and remember to get those woodblock stamps out and use them!!!!


Woodblock Wednesday at Tsuruta Designs


 

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

YAY! This is darling and love your typewriter Beverly!
Thanks for playing along with Woodblock Wednesday!