Monday, March 20, 2023

Cardstock "Merry" Card

Even though it is spring, we have been having cold weather (freezing temperatures last night).  Perfect weather to be all snug and warm in my craft room.  I decided to make a card for the current Jingle Belles challenge of using only cardstock.  Why is it when you are told cardstock only, all you want to reach for is patterned paper?  (Wink.)  I used my Silhouette Cameo for this card and get this....there is no stamping on it!  I know, I know...I nearly fainted too!  The cutting pattern is called Merry Ornaments (#163297).  I used different snowflakes on my card than what is featured on the cutting design.  I opted to used older thin metal snowflake dies instead (sorry, not sure who makes them as I remove packaging and put dies on my magnetic "wall" for storage).  I glued a candy "sprinkle" from Kat Scrappiness (Merry & Bright Sprinkles) to the center of the snowflake die cuts.  Put my "signature" bow on too and BAM...one less card to make for Christmas, 2023!  Thanks for joining me on this chilly Monday.  Remember to stay crafty and warm!
I'm linking this "merry" card up these fun challenges:




 

2 comments:

Diane said...

A perfect card made of just card stock, what a great Merry die too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

lauren bergold said...

Oh how pretty and how elegant, I love how this is very minimalist and CAS and yet quite bold at the same time. Supercool use of dies and traditional color palette. So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas celebration at Jingle Belles!