Friday, August 27, 2010

Thanks Teach Card

Thanks Teach Card
My youngest daughter needed a thank you card for one of her teachers. (The teacher surprised her with a sequel to a favorite book just released. How sweet was that?!!! ) The challenge at Stamp Something this week was "Back To School" so I thought I would play along plus get my daughter's much needed thank you card made. There is also a recipe challenge going on at Pile It Up which I followed. (You had to use: 3 patterned papers, 2 stamped images, 7 buttons, ribbon and something clear.) I definitely had to put my "thinking cap" on for that one. :) The 3 patterned papers are by Diecuts With A View. There are two different stamp images. The first is a vintage postmark stamped on the picture which is by Oxford Impressions. The little star circle on the arrow is by The {Stamps} Of Life. I used seven very small buttons by Dress It Up. The something clear is an acrylic tag by Tim Holtz and the ribbon is by The Paper Studio. I found the funny quote and printed it out using my computer. When I finished this card, I showed it to my daughter who loved it. She can't wait to give it to her teacher. :) Don't you love making a card for someone that appreciates it? :) I have been enjoying creating in my new clean, organized and purged craft room. I ordered another table for it this week. This table is long and narrow and will make my work area into a "u" shape. My current "L" shape needed a little more "spread out" space. I also ordered a floor mat for my rolling chair (room is carpeted). It is a zebra pattern floor/chair mat and was delivered yesterday. I'll have to take some pictures and post them once the table comes in and I get it placed. All that work I did for eleven days is paying off but on about day seven I was seriously wondering if I would ever get through!!!! :) And here's to famous last words....."it's never going to get that messy (piled up) again." I don't think I could survive another major craft room overhaul anyway. (Wink.) :)

No comments: