Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 Challenges -- TSOL16 and Photo-Synthesis 2

Seeing Red TSOL16 Challenge
I have two challenges to share with you today. First there is The {Stamps} Of Life challenge. The design team girls at The {Stamps} Of Life have a challenge every two weeks. You are invited to participate too! Upload your creation to The {Stamps} Of Life gallery -> HERE <-with the keyword TSOL16. Please link to one of our blogs so we can see your work. :) The challenge this time is called "Seeing Red." Make a project that has a lot of red. :) I used the clear stamp set called "robots2build." The dotted Swiss cardstock is by Bazzill. The photo corner punch is by EK Success and the arrow punch is by Stampin'Up! There is also one small black brad by The Paper Studio. Fast and easy which is the only kind at my house at present. Still working on redoing my craft room.....I thought I could do it in a week. Two weeks is more of the reality. :) Be sure to check out the other design team gal's that participated with the Seeing Red Challenge:
Jeanne Streiff
Stephanie Barnard
Emily Niehaus
Tami Mayberry
Joana Studer

Photo Synthesis Challenge 2 Photo
Photo Synthesis Challenge 2 Card
My second card is for the Photo Synthesis second challenge. We were to use the above photo of zinnias (or as I grew up calling them "Old Maids") for inspiration. Tiffany Doodles Images is the Photo Synthesis sponser this time too. The design team was given some beautiful digital stamp images to work with. I am always the last person to try anything. :) This was my first time using digital stamps but it sure won't be my last. What fun! I love that you can create your image to the size you want. I used a zinnia image and made it three different sizes (small, medium and large). This seems to be a card for "firsts" as it was my first time to use Copic markers too. I am still learning but I can tell I'm going to become addicted to them. Another addiction is just what I need (as if the paper, punch, stamp one wasn't enough). Wink! I'm hoping I'll be able to take a Copics class soon if one comes close enough to my area. I was excited to see one being taught in New Orleans but it got cancelled. :( Ooops, I digressed on you there. Anyway this card was a lot of fun. The embossing folder is by Sizzix. I also used some Flower Soft and a small jeweled dragonfly by Prima Marketing. I better get up and get busy. My craft room is not going to finish itself. Thanks for stopping by and stay cool (have to have an air conditioner attached to you here for that). :)

4 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Love that robot card, and your flower card is gorgeous! :)

Cathy Spicer said...

GREAT job on the Photo Synthesis card. I know you'll get hooked on digis, I find they are about all I use now. Awesome job with the Copics as well. I'm in MN and haven't had a chance to take a class yet, but thankfully there are lots of tutorials by fellow crafters out here for us.

Tanya said...

Love the robot, so fun! The zinnia card is beautiful! Great job with the Copics, I have not used any yet, I'm so jealous ;)

Bev Gerard said...

Oh what a darling robot card! Love the popped up elements.
And the "colors" just dance on your next one! Wow!