Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mother's Day Bouquet Card

Mother's Day Bouquets Card Papertake Weekly has a sketch challenge this week plus a fabulous prize to Simon Says Stamp. Those two things are enough to make you want to go to your craft room and "play." :) I chose to create a Mother's Day card using some silver foil board by Grafix. I had 3-D stickers Royal Brush sent to me which reminded me of "Mother's Day" for some reason (probably because they were pink). :) The sentiment stamp is by Hero Arts (Celebrate Everyday set) and I heat embossed it with silver powder. The embossing folder is a new one by Sizzix which you can find here. The pink cardstock and patterned paper are by Diecuts With A View (Spring Fling stacks found at my local JoAnns). I've always found it hard to photograph foil board. The photos of it don't look as pretty as it does in person so you'll have to take my word the card is actually prettier "in person." :) Better get up and get to work. I have a few more flowers to plant today. I've done most of my "flower" planting this spring but bought a few more yesterday while grocery shopping. Our local grocery has flowers out front for sale a few weeks in the spring. Even though I always think I'm through, when I go by those little plants....some manage to come home with me each time I shop there. I guess I'm not happy until I have about an hour's worth of plants to water every day in the summer. What seems like a good idea in the cooler spring suddenly becomes a questionable idea in the hot, humid summer. Wink! :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is lovely, great take on the sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week, Andrea x

Nina Yang said...

Love this card Beverly! The flowers are so soft and pretty and I love the glitters!