Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Recycled Merry & Bright Card


Jingle Belles has a challenge of using a recyled item on your card.  I took a piece of clear plastic from a Sizzix package and trimmed it a little smaller than an A2 sized card.  Next I ran it through an embossing folder with a holly and berries pattern.  Then I used one of my new acohol inks (in Citrus) and applied color to the recycled embossed plastic.  I applied it with a piece of white felt.  Last I went over it lightly with some Tim Holtz metallic mixative in gold (again using white felt).

I mounted the piece on embossed gold metallic gold cardstock.  I used gold staples to attach it securely.  The sentiment diecut is by Momento and I adhered it to the center of the card.  I also used some round gold metallic accents in the top right and bottom left corner.  The hardest thing about this card was trying to get a photo which showed the plastic details well.  :)  It is really pretty in person but was hard to photograph showing it in a good way.  You will just have to "trust me."  Wink.  I'm linking this one up at:

Jingle Belles (Peace On Earth -- Recycle)
ABC Christmas Challenge (H For Hang It Up and I For Intricate)

7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What gorgeous metallic goodness ... so glad you celebrated EARTH Day with us at Jingle Belles.

Pat K said...

Gorgeous creation. Love that you've recycled the plastic. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenge. Pat K xx

Lynda said...

excuse me - but did you say this was plastic packaging embossed and then alcohol ink applied? Plastic packaging? Really? OMG - fabulous, just fabulous........Thank you so much for sharing and joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. :) Lynda DT

Suzanne H said...

How clever is this, using recycled plastic. What a great idea and card!

Susan Renshaw said...

That is so merry and bright!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful card and an awesome "rescue" of a FREE piece of acetate on which to work your inky magic! so pleased you could celebrate earth day with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Suze said...

This is fabulous. I like the idea of using craft packaging to create another craft item. Thank you for joining in the Anything Christmas Goes Challenge with an optional twist of Include a Snowman, woman or family. Apologies for the late comment.