Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Color Throwdown 100th Color Challenge

Color Throwdown 100th Challenge
My card today is for the Color Throwdown 100th Challenge. The colors for this 100th challenge were Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Real Red and Baja Breeze. I used a butterfly and sentiment stamp by Hampton Art. The ink pads and cardstock are by Stampin'Up! The ribbon is by Little Yellow Bicycle and the black rhinestones are by KaiserCraft. The pretty scalloped border was made with a punch by EK Success. Congratulations, Color Throwdown...here's to your next 100! :)

Have you been staying cool? I wish I could say I have but I was out in the heat twice today. I bought some flowers yesterday and they needed planting so I planned to get up early to beat the heat. Didn't happen and by the time I got all the inside things done, it was twelve o'clock. So I decided to go out and plant them during the hottest part of the day. How's that for living on the edge? :) Remember I live in the South and it might be in the 90's but the heat index is much higher. I did cheat a little though, I put on my bathing suit. (The flowers were going in the back yard and no one would "see" me). When I got hot I either used the water hose or got in the pool. Got the flowers planted without suffering a heat stroke no less and went back in the glorious air conditioning where I took a bath and dressed for the day. Fixed a late lunch and got up in my craft room to play when my hubby got home wanting to know if I would help outside getting a new fountain put together. I couldn't say no (although I wanted to....wink). So out I go back in the heat and this time no swimsuit on. We got the new fountain up and running but boy oh boy was it hot! Back in the house I go for bath #2 of the day and to fix a hot meal for our dinner muttering the whole time, "thank heavens for air conditioning and fans!!!!" Thanks for stopping my and listening to my "hot" words. :) Stay cool!

7 comments:

Carol L said...

I love these stamped butterflies! Beautiful detailed work on your card - thanks for playing along with us!

Broni said...

This is too cute! I love your polka dot butterflies and ribbon and all the scallops are just great! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate CTD challenge #100!!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness....I LOVE this butterfly image. The bad thing about looking at all the CTD submissions is that you see MORE stamps you want/need/have to have! Just beautiful.
It is REALLY hot here in the NE, too.....I am thinking I need to go jump in somebody's pool today!

Barbara said...

I love this! What a gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

Laurie Marmon said...

Beautiful butterflies! Great layering too of the colors.

dj said...

great scallops...great stitching...Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Scrappy said...

This is incredible! Your work is so original! Thanks for joining us at PIO! Hope to see you again next week!