Friday, February 5, 2010

Purple "Thank You" Card

Purple Bling Thank You
Daring Cardmakers has an "Amethyst" Challenge this week. Create a purple card or something with an amethyst theme. I love the color purple so thought this would be a fun one to try (not to mention I want to win the pretty butterfly punch!) :) Daring Cardmakers and Craft Obsessions are giving away a gorgeous Martha Stewart butterfly punch (drooling here). ;) Although I love the color purple, I don't seem to do many cards with it as the dominant color. I had to do some searching in my stash before I came up with some things I wanted to work with. This card has patterned cardstock by Diecuts With A View (Taj Mahal stack) plus patterned paper by Crafty Secrets (from the Birds and Botanical booklet). The pearl swirl is by Prima Marketing (so pretty in person). The rubber stamp is by Hampton Art and the diecut label is by Sizzix. The pretty purple flowers are by Prima Marketing too. After working on this one, I made a promise to myself to do more purple cards!!! :)
Another cloudy rainy day in Alabama but I'm guessing it could be worse. (If you are in the "snow storm" area, I'll bet you are agreeing, huh.) :)

4 comments:

SueH said...

I’m of the opinion that you can never have too much Mauve either Beverley.
Those Pearl swirls are gorgeous and I love the deep vibrant colour of the flower.

Thanks for joining the daring Cardmakers this week and good luck in the draw.

Sue
x

Leigh said...

lovely card, I have the same problem with using the colour purple on cards.

Lynda said...

This is such a gorgeous card and I would never go for purple as a first choice for a card but when I have used it I'm always pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it is. I must use more purple lol! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers and Good Luck!

Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love the bling. :)

Vanessa.