Thursday, September 5, 2019

Metallic Sunshine Square Card

A friend sent me a new Gina K. Designs stamp set  (Lovely Words) in the mail.  It is a pretty set and I was happy to see the "you are my sunshine" sentiment.  I used to sing it to my girls when they were little.  :)  The new Freshly Made Sketches challenge was the perfect inspiration for this sentiment stamp.  I used the Foil Quill (medium tip) and hooked it up to my Silhouette Cameo to create the gold foiled circle.  (You can find the design at the Silhouette Design Store #287772 Sketch Offset Circles.)  I also used #5778 Beautiful Branch from the Silhouette Design Store for the metallic gold cardstock die cuts.  I used a metallic gold Sharpie to add detail work to the sun on the stamped sentiment image.  I have a confession to make about making CAS cards!  I have fallen in love!  :)  They are my new favorite style of card to make.  Shocking confession from someone who always RAN from them.  ;)  My sunshine card is going to link up at:



You would never know it was September where I live because of the heat currently.  I'm still getting to swim and hang out at the pool in the afternoons with a good book.  Going to enjoy it while I can because one of these mornings fall will arrive along with cooler weather.  :)  Thanks for stopping by and as always....stay crafty!  :)

3 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the pretty metallic accents on this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A lovely use of metallics here Bev. The die cuts really compliment the gold foiled circles. It has a look of luxury about it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Neets B said...

I love the curve of those leaves paired with the circles in the background, so effective. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x