Sunday, January 15, 2023

Three Bells Christmas Card


 
There's nothing better on cold winter days than being all snug and warm in your craft room surrounded by all your toys (I mean craft supplies....wink).  The way I am working on Christmas cards early for the 2023 holidays, I'm going to be in good shape when it is time to mail cards!    There are a couple of challenges currently calling for "snippets" and I wanted to join them.  So I looked around to see what I could find from previous projects laying around.  Found two grey patterned polka dots papers, a piece of trimmed white cardstock plus two pine bough die cuts in a pretty forest green (see photo above).  I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to use those grey papers for a Christmas card (don't ordinarily think of using grey).  Jingle Belles is calling for cards with bells so I found a pretty bell stamp image and went from there.  To carry the polka dot theme a little more, I used a "large dot" embossing folder for the gray cardstock.  Added a stamped sentiment plus a Christmas twine bow and BAM...another card done for Christmas 2023!  Thanks for stopping by....hope you are staying warm on this cold January day!





 

10 comments:

Sarn said...

Thanks for entering more homework to the Snippets Playground. Unfortunately, we only allow one entry per challenge, so I have removed this one.

Lovely embossed and die-cut Christmas card though. x

Linda said...

Great job Beverly using up those crafty bits you had lying around. Love your card for the Christmas Craft Creations challenge.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Beautifully created card and a great use of our 'optional' 'dots'!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}
{Stencil Fun}

Carol said...

What nice patterns you included on your card and the red and grey look so good together! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Craft Creations!

SmilynStef said...

fantastic way to incorporate those papers into your design ... and I adore those beautiful bells ... so glad you Rang your Bells with the Jingle Belles.

Michelle B. said...

It's a great feeling when you can use up all those snippets! I love the splash of red and your layout is gorjuss! So glad you joined us at CCC!

Judy Woodland said...

What a fabulous card. Really great design, I love all your elements here!! Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, hope to see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Bev! Jo x

lauren bergold said...

Oh my gosh, I already loved this beautiful card but knowing it was a "clean up" challenge makes it even more impressive! WOW! So happy you've helped us celebrate "Those Christmas Bells" at Jingle Belles!