Monday, September 6, 2010

Time Flies Diva Card

Photobucket
Hope you are having a great Labor Day. :) Sharing a card I whipped up yesterday afternoon. This one fall into several challenge site categories. First, I used the sketch over at Just Us Girls (Challenge 49) while following the recipe at Sentimental Sunday (Challenge 19...Use 1 solid paper, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellishments plus a sentiment). Then Paper Sundaes has a mixed mediums (it is number 34) challenge of using Copics with some other kind of coloring medium (I used chalk pencils). Last but not least is the Stampacular Sunday challenge to distress it (no. 75). The rubber stamps are by Hampton Art (the stamped images were colored with Copic Ciao markers and then touched up with Createcolor Chalk pencils). I thought it would be fun to use aleopard and zebra patterned papers (by BoBunny and Making Memories). The flowers and the printed twill are by Graphic 45.

Better run. We are having a fun stay at home Labor day. All of us have spent the morning doing what we want. This afternoon we are playing games, watching movies, etc. together. Goodbye summer 2010....you were fun but oh so hot. :) Going to hate saying goodbye to all the hummingbirds too. What grand free entertainment they have been. Their feeders the last few days have been busy, busy, busy! (Having to fill them almost everyday!...I think I must be feeding some who have already started migrating South.) Course September means that I will also be saying goodbye to my oldest daughter in a couple of weeks. She is going to be attending college in England this fall so that falls under the "happy AND sad" (not to mention the "broke" category). Sure all you moms know what I mean. I'm happy for her but sad for me (I'll miss her). :) Anyways, thanks for stopping by and Happy Labor Day!

11 comments:

mudmaven said...

Love, love, love your card! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along in our recipe challenge on Sentimental Sundays. ~chris

Fiona said...

this is very pretty and great job on the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

France Ringuette said...

Hi' this is a really beautiful Mix-Media card !
Thanks for playing with us at paper sundaes !

AKiteFlier said...

SUper fun card - I like the floral clock. Thanks for getting sketchy with JUGS this week :-)

Annette said...

Ooooh! What a creative combination of elements - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Alicia Weiman said...

What a fun card! Love the background and all your great images! THanks for playing along wiht JUGS this week!

Kathryn B said...

Love the washed vintage look of your card!


Thanks for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

Ann English said...

Love this vintage flavor! Great card!

So glad you joined us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the flower. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Danderella said...

Gorgeous card, love the white paint distress. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

Danielle

Skraptacular Designs said...

What a fabulous card! I absolutely love it and all the detail you've added!

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular last week! So sorry I am just now visiting you and leaving a message for this fantastic creation you've made but I fell completely behind in my blog hopping responsibilities last week. I'm just now getting the chance to check out all our entries from last week's Distress It challenge! Please forgive me and I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla