Monday, September 11, 2017

Apple Card


Sharing a fast and easy card which I did for some blog challenges.  I did it while watching the news about Hurricane Irma.  I keep thinking about all my card making friends in Florida and feel so sad and helpless for them.  This reminds me of watching the news years ago when Katrina hit New Orleans but this is involving a whole state.  All this after Houston getting hit so hard too.  It really is mind boggling.  I am very thankful today to be in my home safe and dry. The dry part is going to change though....we are supposed to get some of  the Hurricane Irma rain today and Tuesday.  I'll be linking this card to:

Cut It Up (Johnny Appleseed -- Use an apple)

4 Crafty Chicks 

Freshly Made Sketches (See Sketch Below)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Stamp It)

Tuesday Throwdown (Punches and/or Dies -- I used both)

The Crafty Addicts (Brad or Button -- I used a black and white polka dot button.)

CARD RECIPE:

Stamp -- Hampton Art (Graphic 45 Image)

Ink Pad -- Clearsnap (Wicked Black)

Cardstock -- Recollections

Patterned Paper -- Echo Park Paper Company

Diecut -- Scan N Cut2 (Pattern Included In Machine)

Border Punch -- Martha Stewart Crafts

Baker's Twine -- The Twinery

Chalk Marker -- Marvy/Uchida (482-S #0)

Liner Pen -- Copic (Black)

Misc. -- Button


4 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love the sentiment on this one, Bev! Although I have to admit, I've never eaten cheese with apple pie. I like sweet with sweet (ice cream)!!

You did a great job with your apple. I love all the stitching and that button element! :)

Thanks for joining us for our Johnny Appleseed challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Virginia L. said...

Love how you layered the images! Love the bright colors, too! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stamp It” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the colours and the papers you've used! The stitched apple is a wonderful focal point for your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. LOVE that sentiment. Being in WI the dairy state EVERYTHING has cheese on it, hehe.