Sunday, August 29, 2010

Christmas In August Challenge/Santa Card

Santa Happy Christmas Card
Paper Sundaes has a "Christmas in August" challenge going on this week. Every year I say I am going to get a head start on making Christmas cards but then never do. So this challenge gave me a gentle nudge to do so. One down, ninety-nine more to go. Wink. I used new Graphic 45 papers that are in an 8x8 pad. Love to work with this size patterned paper....just perfect for cardmakers. It has an embossing folder by Sizzix that I punched out using a large circle punch by Marvy/Uchida. All the rubber stamps used are by Hampton Art. The teal colored ink is from Clearsnap's Vivid line. The pretty flower is by Prima Marketing. I'm pretty happy with this card, especially the non-traditional Christmas colors. Hope your weekend has been a good one. I used my crockpot today for a new recipe. My youngest daughter brought home a cookbook that her Beta Club at school has published and is selling. I told her I would be happy to purchase it after leafing through it. It is filled with some very tasty looking recipes. I tried a Beef Tips and Rice today that is done in the crockpot. It got good reviews from all of us tonight. My family liked the taste and I liked how simple it was. :) Tomorrow I'm trying another recipe for dressing done in the crockpot. Crafters and crockpots are best friends. Wink. :) Thanks for stopping by and visit again soon....I'll be tempting you with more cards and recipes. :)

2 comments:

Pattie said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful card. And I'm having a crockpot dinner tomorrow so I can have more crafting time :)

Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundae's this week.

Hugs,
Wendy