Sunday, September 3, 2023

Retro and Vintage Cards



I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend.  It has been a fun one here getting in the last joys of summer with pool time, fixing yummy foods to eat, reading good books and just a little card making.  The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers has a new challenge of R is for Retro.  I couldn't resist seeing what I could come up with for it.  I used a photo stamp of a 1950's glamour gal from Time To Stamp (have had it for years in my stash).  If you stamp the photo stamps on glossy white cardstock, they look almost like "real photos."  The sentiment was computer generated using a retro typewriter font.  Easy peasy but fun card.


Next I wanted to create a card for the current Jingle Belles vintage card challenge.  I used some older cling stamps by Hampton Art (Graphic 45 Twas The Night Before Christmas set).  Christmas embossing folder by Spellbinders (monthly embossing folder club) and oval diecut by Spellbinders made for a fast and easy card.  My sweet daughter cooked supper for us tonight so I was able to slip in my craft room to make these two cards this afternoon since the "cook" had the night off (wink).  Thanks for dropping by and a big
Happy Labor Day to you and yours.




 

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Just brilliant for our Retro Challenge at SoSS, Jo x

JulieP said...

What a wonderful tip with the photo paper!!! It stamped beautifully and is absolutely perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood Bev!

Donna said...

Fab projects!
Love em both!
Thanks for going retro with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!

SmilynStef said...

love the embossed texture with your vintage Santa ... so glad you joined us for our Christmas Past at Jingle Belles (always love seeing your snark too).