Friday, August 30, 2019

Fall Wreath Card

When you walk outside early in the morning now, there is just a bit of fall in the air.  Sadly the summer is ending but the good news is fall will be arriving.  :)  I couldn't resist joining the Mod Squad Challenge this week  which has a "fall theme."  I cut a wreath from kraft cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo (#219096 Fall Wreath by Miss Kate Cuttables).  I added just a touch of color to the wreath by chalking it with red, orange and gold (Stampin'Up pastel chalks).  Next I stamped the scarecrow image and sentiment with brown ink on ivory cardstock (stamp set Autumn Fields by Inky Antics) and colored with alcohol markers and chalks (sentiment).  I added metallic leaf sequins for the finishing touch.  After doing this card, I'm ready for autumn and pumpkin spice!  :)  I'm linking this card up at:



Are you ready for the long weekend?  It will be one last hurrah for summer at our house.  :)  Going to grill and hang around the pool.....plus read.  My youngest daughter brought me two new books yesterday which I am looking forward to reading (The Last Houseguest which was a Reese Witherspoon book selection and The Chain which I have been seeing a lot of buzz about.)  So yea, I'll be the one at the pool with her nose stuck in a book.  ;)  As always, thanks for stopping by and remember to stay crafty!  :)

No comments: