Thursday, October 12, 2017

My Craft Space


I have done all of the activities at Joy Clair's World Cardmaking Day activities
except for one.  You were to make a "craftie" which is a photo of your craft room or of your work in progress, etc.  I took these photos this morning of my craft studio.  When I say every inch of space is taken up in there with shelves, cabinets or some kind of storage, I am not exaggerating.  It has been a work in progress for several years and I have replaced desks, added storage units and purged several times.  But I am very happy with it presently and I feel very lucky to have my own craft space.  My craft room also joins our attic and I even have shelves of supplies in there.  I have a hard time getting rid of things (like older Sizzix dies, etc.) and it is nice being able to put it in the attic where I can still use it from time to time.  So here is a little tour of my "happy place, I hope you enjoy seeing where the magic happens. (Big wink.)  The above photo is taken from the door going into my craft studio.  I have two desks set up with a long narrow table which forms a "u" shaped work space.  You'll notice my typewriter I got for Mother's day and my new Scan N Cut2 on the narrow table.  (I have a Sizzix eClips in another room but have been meaning to move it back....just need to figure out where!  Notice the tiger box on my desk?  That holds the thin metal dies I use the most.  I have them on magnetic cards.  It is nice having them at my fingertips and I can find what I need by just flipping through them.  Also I have two new paint storage spinning racks on top of the cabinet on your left.  I ordered them from Michael's on sale and love how they hold my two ounce bottles of acrylic paint.  Makes finding colors so much easier.
This photo is taken from inside the "u" and lets you see my second desk better.  On it I have my ink pads (and there is a shelf on the bottom of the desk which hold more ink pads).  Next to it is a white book case my oldest daughter stopped using years ago and of course made its way into my craft room.  The top of it holds my Spectrum Noir markers, Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers and a few Copic Sketch Markers.  (I have Copic Ciaos on my desk in front of the bookcase.

This photo is same desk but shows more of what is on the right side of it.  I have a two drawer filing cabinet which holds A LOT of 12x12 cardstock and patterned papers.  The plastic drawer unit with the colored drawers holds border punches.  This is a recent purchase from Michael's that I liked so much I bought another one to hold all my ribbons.  (It is under the zebra letters which spell my name.)  It works great for ribbons.  I sort it by color according to the drawer (red drawer holds red ribbons, yellow drawer holds yellow ribbons, etc.).  I did have my ribbon in photo boxes sorted by color but had outgrown those.  These drawers are a good size with room to add more ribbons.  Another recent addition is the white small drawer units made for washi tape storage (found at Michael's too).  I love them!  It is so nice having all my washi tape organzied!  On top of the white filing cabinet is recent crafty purchase (in two red baskets) and my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.

This is the wall you see leaving my craft room.  The door going out is on the right (by the clock).  If you turn to the left, you will go into the attic where I have more craft supplies stored.  It doesn't look like there is a walk way but there is.  My camera angle is just hiding it.  The red baskets hold stamps by various companies.  I have embossing folders in the black units by the television (where I binge watch things on Netflix while I work sometimes....or listen to a book on Audible).  That unit also holds frequently used Sizzix dies (and I have a bookcase in the attic full of Sizzix dies as well).  I hope you enjoyed your tour of my crafty space.  I know I enjoy looking at everyone else's.  It is not super fancy but I am happy with it.  I know where everything is and it is a very "workable" space.

No comments: