Sunday, October 8, 2017

Birthday Cake Card


I'm still working on Winnie & Walter's World Cardmaking Day challenges.  My birthday cake card is for their smooshing challenge.  I inked up a piece of clear acetate with three ink colors, sprayed them lightly with water and then "smooshed" the acetate on trimmed watercolor paper.  Once I had dried the watercolor paper with my heat gun, I stamped the images and sentiments with black ink.  After I got my card put together, I thought it still needed a little more color.  I got out three matching acrylic paint colors and decorated the cake plus painted below and above the stamped sentiments.  I added some sequins and a hemp bow and was finally happy with the results.  I'm linking my birthday cake card up to these fun challenges:
Winnie & Walter's World Cardmaking Day Challenges (Smooshing)
Simon Says Stamp WCMD (Create A Card)
Craft Rocket Challenges (Birthday or Pretty Pinks)
Stamp Ink Paper (Card Maker's Choice --Your Favorite Stamp Set, Card Colors and Paper -- I love this Sugar Rush set by Winnie & Walter.  Love to use pink, chartreuse and turquoise colors together and favorite paper of the "moment" is a really smooth watercolor paper I got at the Scrapbook Expo.)

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps -- Winnie & Walter (Sugar Rush Set WW036)
Ink Pads -- Clearsnap (Wicked Black, Seaglass, Candy Pink, and Kiwi)
Acrylic Paints -- Apple Barrel by Plaid Enterprises, Inc.
Cardstock -- Recollections
Watercolor Paper -- Unknown
Sequins -- Jillibean Soup (JB0818)
Hemp Cord -- Hemptique
Border Punch -- Martha Stewart Crafts

No comments: