Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hibiscus Flamingo Card


I was looking over challenges this morning because I was going to get to play in my "craft cave" (which is actually upstairs...can a cave be high?)  Wink.  Anyway I saw one which was really a challenge!  It was at Curtain Call and had a "Hibiscus" theme.  I used to grow them every summer outside in pots on the patio and around the pool.  BUT a card challenge...now that is where I had to put on my thinking cap.  I was trying to remember if I had any hibiscus stamps and seemed to remember a couple of older Hampton Art sets which had them.   Then I remembered a 3x4 little pad of papers by Authentique called Utopia.  The very first sheet in the pad was a beautiful hibiscus!  The rest is as they say history.  Hope you like my very challenging challenge card!  This hibiscus card will be blooming at:

Curtain Call (Hibiscus Theme)

Try It On Tuesday (In The Garden theme)

Sweet Stampin' Challenge (Flowers)

Tuesday Throwdown (Anything Goes)

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps -- Hampton Art (IC0133 Hibiscus and IC0134 Flamingo)
Ink Pads -- Clearsnap (Mudslide and Strawberry)
Markers-- Spectrum Noir (CR7, CR1 and CR3)
Glitter Finish -- Mod Podge by Plaid Enterprises, Inc.
Floral Image -- Authentique (Utopia Collection 3x4 Pocket Crafting Cards)
Flowers -- Prima Marketing, Inc.
Brads -- The Paper Studio
Typewriter (Red Ribbon) -- We R Memory Keepers
Misc. -- Small Googley Eyes


6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday with tihs beautiful card!

Unknown said...

I really gorgeous card! The hibiscus amd flamingo images are very beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at TioT's.
Yvonne

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love that you challenged yourself with the hibiscus theme. It's fabulous! Love that fabulous flamingo image and your card design is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Flowers' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Debi said...

Great stash find. Perfect card. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week. Good luck. Debi DT

Joan said...

Beautiful hibiscus and a lovely card

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday

Joan