Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Woo Whoo Card

Woo Whoo Card
The current Cards blog challenge magazine is to use baker's twine on your creation. I ask you, "what did we do before Baker's Twine?" :) Seriously I reach for it on nearly all my cards now. :) Love the stuff! This card features stamps by Hampton Art. The patterned paper and brads are by My Mind's Eye. I used the Sizzix eClips to cut out the three tags in like two seconds. :) I used baker's twine by The Twinery to simply connect the tags. (Make sure you tie a knot on each end.)
This is my first post in a while as I have of a lot of "life changing" things going on. My mother suffered a stroke nearly two years ago and has been living with us since. I have been her caregiver all that time. This has been one of the most challenging things I have ever had to do. The last few months her condition has been getting worse making it even more difficult. This week after much thought and with great heartache, I have decided I cannot do it any longer. So we have found her a very nice assisted living facility which is 20 miles from our home. This is the best thing for her plus also for my family and me but it is still sooooo hard to "let go." Keep us in your thoughts next week as we get her moved and settled in. Enjoy your Wednesday and try to stay cool. I have to get out in this heat today to take mother to doctor's appointments. As hot as it is, that's not going to be any fun.

No comments: