Friday, June 24, 2011

Love You Challenge Card

Love You Card
CASual Friday has a challenge called "Getting Edgy" this week. I thought this would be the perfect time to use my new Sizzix eClips Edges design cartridge. Wow, I love this one! It is full of beautiful borders (which you can also turn into decorative accents). I used an embossing folder also by Sizzix. The metal tab is by Making Memories. I seem to be stuck in a "black and white" color scheme lately but it is always so striking with an ornate border. :)
I'm inside enjoying a heavy rain which means I won't have to water flowers this afternoon. I got carried away this spring with all my planting. It is taking 45 minutes in 100+ heat (not to mention the humidy)to keep my flowers "happy." :) This is the third afternoon this week I have gotten "time off." Nothing better than being inside when it is raining and making cards or reading a good book. I have been reading some interesting books this summer. I recently finished "Before I Go To Sleep" which I couldn't finish fast enough....just to see how it was going to end.
I started "Still Missing" yesterday and can't wait to read more of it. I'm also reading "The Snowman" on my Libre which is lighted. I read it outside at night and read my Kindle "before dark." I resisted ereaders for a long time and now I've ended up with two....love both of them! They have made reading fun again. Enjoy your weekend! :)

4 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Very striking, very pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

TenSGal said...

That is just lovely! Very striking and bold!

Michele Gross said...

Love the bold dramatic color combo and the fancy edge. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

This card is amazing!