Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Birthday Cards

I have a couple of friends (male and female) who have birthdays in January.  The first card uses a stamp set by AALL & Create (Birthday Dee).  I used a new and never before die to trim the stamped image (Pinkfresh Studio Rounded and Braided Die Set).  The patterned striped paper is by Pink & Main.  This one has been mailed and received by my sweet friend.  I am linking it up at these fun challenges:






My second card is for a young male friend and I struggled coming up with something for him.  Everything I picked up in my stash seemed too feminine.  I finally settled on this large sentiment stamp by Darkroom Door (Eat More Cake) which I heat embossed with orange powder on yellow cardstock.  
I'm showing the inside of the card which carried out the "birthday cake" theme more.  I hope my young friend likes his card to be mailed soon.  I'm linking this card up at a brand new challenge (yay for new challenges to help us create).  The new challenge is:


Thanks for dropping by.  We have been snowed and iced in since Monday night.  Luckily we had lots of groceries and our power has stayed on!  It has been nice having the family home and we have crafted, worked on jigsaw puzzles, read good books, and watched lots of Hulu and Netflix.   We've also baked cookies and been in the kitchen way too much...wink.   The sun is out today though so I think everyone will be back to work tomorrow.  

 

7 comments:

JulieP said...

Ooooh! I love your new braided frame!!! And the bright color is so fun. I am laughing at all of the ways you can justify cake to your young male friend. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood, Bev!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that braided frame - perfect to showcase the glam girl & her cake!! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas!!

Diane said...

Both cards are fabulously fun and creative!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent cards! Love them both. I like my eggs in a cake too, Jo x

Arlene said...

I really like both cards. The card you entered into the DCD challenge is really funny and I'm still laughing. Very cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Chris Dring said...

Two fabulous birthday cards! That braid die looks really cool. I prefer my eggs in a cake also! LOL! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Donna said...

Love the bright colours in your cards!
And yeah, eggs, in a cake for SURE!
LOL
Thanks for ringing in the new year with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!