I'm back with another wax paper/embossing folder inked background. I can't believe I had never tried this technique before. I love the results as it looks somewhat like batik art. Here is a quick run-through if you have never done this before. Gives you another fun thing to do with your embossing folders!
1. Trim wax paper a little larger than your embossing folder.
2. Scrunch up wax paper to wrinkle and then smooth out again.
3. Insert wax paper into your embossing folder and emboss.
4. Place trimmed white cardstock over top and bottom of embossed wax paper.
5. Fold a piece of plain copy paper in half. Insert the cardstocks with wax paper in between.
6. Iron over the copy paper (with cardstocks in between it). Have iron on high.
7. Use a large sponge dauber and an ink pad to apply color to the ironed piece.
That's all there is to it and the results turn out quite pretty!!! Try to use embossing folders with a pattern instead of a background for best results. For this one, I used a Sizzix Embossing folder with a pattern of leaves. The stamps are by Colorado Craft Company. I also used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for my inspiration (flipped it).
Thanks for stopping by and remember to stay crafty.