Thursday, January 6, 2022

Winter Day Crafting

It's a dreary cold winter's day and what better way to spend it than making cards for a couple of fun challenges.  My first card is for Double D Challenges which is celebrating their sixth birthday/anniversary.  The challenge theme is balloons (no hot air balloons either).  I used my Silhouette Cameo to create the balloon and die cut sentiment.  The stamped sentiment is by Gina K Designs from an older set in my stash.
My second card  I did for Mod Squad Challenge which wants you to create a handmade background focal.  I used an older Gina K Designs stamps set called Dogwoods and Butterflies.  I stamped a dogwood branch background on pink cardstock for my handmade focal.  I'm very happy with the way this one turned out.  I try to keep several sympathy cards made in advance.  Hope you are staying warm and enjoying lots of crafty time.  Must dash as it is time for my afternoon tea and biscotti.  (Wink.)  Challenges entered below:


Double D Challenges -- Balloons (Celebrating 6th Birthday/Anniversary)


 Time Out Challenges #203 (New) -- I used a new oval die set.


  


6 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulously fun Balloon card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Both cards are beautiful Beverly! I love how the balloon takes up most of the card front ... fantastic design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birthday Balloons’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Judy Woodland said...

Your cards are very pretty. Unfortunately I am going to have to remove your entry from the Mod Squad, because the directions clearly state that you will make a background with your stamps, and then include nothing else on your panel except a greeting. You MUST include only the background and nothing else on your card front except a greeting, or your entry will be eliminated so as to not skew the random drawing. You have created a focal other than the background. I'm so very sorry, I really like your card. Hope you try again, you have a great eye for color and design.

Barbara said...

Thanks for helping us to celebrate 6 years of this challenge. I love that huge balloon.

Shauna said...

Two fab cards! I like your use of color and the fun design with the balloon. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Nancy said...

Very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!