Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Gift Wrap Santa Card

I'm sharing my last card I did for the current "No Time Like The Presents" challenge at Jingle Belles.  The challenge is to use Christmas paper (new or saved from Christmas) on your card.  My Santa on this card is from a roll of paper I wrapped with this year.  But I did save some for cards because I loved the big vintage Santa.  I carefully trimmed the Santa image and Mod Podged him onto a thick watercolor paper.  After he dried, I applied a couple of coats of Aleen's Paper Glaze.    I was very pleased with the end results.  (I also did extra Santas to turn into ornaments for my Santa tree next year too.)  There was a little more "work" to this wrapping paper Santa card but I think it was worth it.  Thanks for dropping by and remember to stay crafty (and don't stop believing.....if you do, you get underwear for Christmas).  ;)




6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

another awesome card ... I do love a vintage Santa ... those blue boots are so fun ... so very glad you joined us for our 10th season of Jingle Belles.

cass said...

Wonderful Christmas card, great idea to reuse the wrapping paper. . Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional upcycle something challenge.

Lynda said...

What a great image to re-cycle for this card. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge :) Lynda DT

Jeanne J. said...

Oh this santa is adorable ! I love the bold color you used and the die cut background!

Lorraine said...

Oh, I think it was well worth the work. And I love that background color choice!

lauren bergold said...

oooooh the glaze idea is so clever! i also love the idea that in addition to cards the saved bits could be ornaments... you've really got me thinking now... (meanwhile thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES "wrap star" fun once more!)