Sunday, July 28, 2019

Butterfly Joy Fold Card

I'm joining in on the fun at the Butterfly Challenge today.  It has been a long time since I played there.  It is a fun challenge with some nice prizes of which I am playing for.  I was especially intrigued by one of the challenges for it which was to make a Joy Fold card.  I was not familiar with this type of folded card.  But I can now say I have made one. :)  The other challenge elements were: Jasmine (pale yellow), Juicy Orange. Jade, Jute, Jewels plus a butterfly since it is the butterfly challenge.  :)
I took some extra photos so you could hopefully see the way the Joy Fold card is made.  I used a butterfly stamp (with matching die) by Hampton Art.  The die cut was found at the Silhouette Design Store and cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  The vertical sentiment "happy birthday" stamp is by Sizzix.

In a nutshell, it is basically two cards folded so they overlap and lay flat.  I used the colors of jasmine (pale yellow), juicy orange and jade cardstocks.  I also used yellow jewels and orange jute (twine).

This is the inside of the card with the stamped sentiment (by Gina K Designs).  I'll be linking this card at:

Alphabet Challenge (I is for Insect)
CCEE Stampers (Moth or Butterfly)
Cute Card Thursday (No Patterned Papers)
Mod Squad Challenge (All That Sparkles -- I have yellow jewels)

Hope you are staying cool and as always.....stay crafty!

6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Lovely to see you again in the butterfly garden and pleased to hear that hubby has had his surgery and your all back home.,
So Pleased you made a joy fold card. They realy are that easy to make once you know how. Love that you have used all the elements.
Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge with this gorgeous Joy fold card love the butterfly and the bright summer colours

Deb said...

That is beautiful, love the fold!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Deb xx

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card, I love the butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Basslady said...

a very outstanding card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Helen said...

Beautiful - great fold.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x