Monday, February 12, 2018

Mr. Goldfish Card

I had to get up very early today to take my husband to the hospital for a test which was scheduled.  I tell you I am not a early morning person.  :)  Everything went fine though and we were home by ten o'clock.  Although sleepy and needing a nap because of getting up so early, I went in my craft room and created instead.  Aren't you proud of me?  (Wink.)  I have had this goldfish stamp set by Hero Arts a few months and this is the first time I have inked it up.  I loved the way Mr. Goldfish turned out so I'm going to be playing with it again soon.  I know both of my girls would love a card in the mail with him on it.  :)    I  also have three rows of pretty die cut "stitches" on this card.  Not sure the bottom two rows are showing up but trust me they are there.  I used one of the dies from the Stitching Lines by Julie which are by Essentials by Ellen.  The fish bowl was done with my Silhouette Cameo and you can see the design here.  I cut two of the fish bowls.  Inked and trimmed one to create the "water."  I adhered clear micro beads to the bottom of the bowl for "marbles."  I also used some clear sequins as water bubbles coming from Mr. Goldfish. This was a fun card to make!  Mr. Goldfish will be swimming by these challenges:

Essentials By Ellen Mix It Up Challenge (Use a Essentials by Ellen product plus a Hero Arts product.)


Always Fun Challenges (Anything Goes)


CARD RECIPE:
Stamps -- Hero Arts (CL945 Color Layering Goldfish)
Ink Pads -- Clearsnap (Squash, Tangerine and Licorice) and Distress Oxide in Broken China
Wafer Tin Dies -- Essentials by Ellen (Stitching Lines by Julie)
Fish Bow Die Cut -- Silhouette Design Store (Lori Whitlock)
Cardstock -- Recollections
Foam Tape -- Scotch/3M
Misc. -- Clear Sequins and Clear Micro Beads

5 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gee!!! This is so stinkin' cute! Love that you have used the sequins for bubbles - GENIUS! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Sequin Challenge. Hope to see you back soon!
Judy~ DD Dt
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, the fish is so amazingly perfect! I love how this turned out. So cute to use sequins for the bubbles. I feel for you, having to be out and about so early. I enjoy getting up early-ish, but only if I can take my time. Too many years of hurrying off to work. I'm glad you shared with us at Double D!

Diane said...

Super cute and so creative to use the sequins as bubbles! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

OMG what a fun creation and who would have thought sequins could make such awesome bubbles! Great thinking!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sequins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is very cute! Love the sequin bubbles! Thanks for sharing it with us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT