Monday, July 10, 2017

Kids Card


Time for one of my "funny" cards.  This vintage image of "kids" by Crafty Secrets made me think of a humorous sentiment by Riley & Company.  Looks like they were made for each other.  I remember when my girls were very young and I had days thinking this very thing!  (Wink.)  But now they are grown and I look back on those days with nostalgia.  These mischievous kids want to play at the following challenges:

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps (K Is For Kids)

Crafting By Design (Anything Goes)

Fab 'n Funky Challenge (Little Boys and Little Girls)

Through The Purple Haze (Spots or Stripes---I added some "spots" with red drizzle paint)

The Crafty Addicts (Anything Goes/Something Humorous)

4 Crafty Chicks (Stamping)

CARD RECIPE:
Stamp -- Riley & Company (RWD-040)
Ink Pad -- Clearsnap (Wicked Black)
Red Drizzle Paint -- Mod Podge by Plaid Enterprises
Image -- Crafty Secrets (Homemade Images & Journal Notes Booklet)
Cardstock -- Recollections
Paper Crimper -- Fiskars
Hemp Cord -- Hemptique


10 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOL, I think I need that sentiment! You're right, it's perfect for this great image. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Perfect! Those Campbell's Soup kids are out to get us! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our K is for Kids challenge.

Jane Willis said...

Hehe, what a brilliant sentiment, perfect for that lovely image that reminds me of the picture books I had as a small child in the 1950s. Thanks for sharing with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
Jane

Nance said...

Cute card. Great sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. Your card is a beaut - I love that image and the sentiment is a blast, Jo x

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute! Love the (dare I say "vintage") image. Takes me back. Great sentiment, too. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our K is for Kids challenge. xxD (the reigning Queen LOL)

Majo said...

This is so funny .... and true ;) Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our *K* is for Kids challenge.

Majo - DT ♥

Mimi said...

Haha, i didn't expect that sentiment from the picture, great job!

Donna said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
This is awesome!!
Love that retro image and the sentiment is awesome!
Thanks for joining Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our K is for Kids challenge!!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great sentiment and the truth.. Thank you for kidding around with the Sisterhood.