Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Owl Friends Card

Magenta Owl Friends Card
I was in the mood for a paper crafts challenge today.  Papertake Weekly had a new sketch challenge up on their blog so decided to try it.  :)  I used some newly released stamps by Magenta for my image and sentiment.  I heat embossed them with brown embossing powder (Truffle by Clearsnap in their Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powders line).  The cardstock and patterned papers are by Diecuts With A View.  I used an oval Sizzix Framelit to make the oval shape.  Finished it off with some "owl" printed twill by The Paper Studio and brown hemp by American Crafts.  Quick and simple....just right for a busy afternoon getting things ready for a visit from my oldest daughter who lives in Dallas.  Can't wait to see her!  :)  Can't believe tomorrow is the last day of July.  This summer has flown by...my youngest will be back in school before you know it.  It's time for back to school shopping (not as much fun as rubber stamp and crafts shopping either). Wink.  :)

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card, Beverly! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon